Tuesday 14 June 2011

IT'S WESTFEST!

Westfest which is hosted by Royal Bath and West showground in Shepton Mallet is one of the largest raving events in the country from 7pm till 6 am. We'll be giving you the memories fellow ravers Jodie who was "havin' it out" at Westfest last year in 2010. Now every raver is waiting for the next Westfest on the 29th of October. Prepare to go wild!! With performances from Andy C, Breeze, Whizzkid, Shabba D, Darren Styles the full line up will be discovered on the 1st of July, it's the place to be!

Jodie in (PICTURE ONE) on the far right who is a "proper hardcore raver" turns up to Westfest wearing a green themed outfit, covered in glow sticks, whistles and the big fluffy boots, oh and also the creative eye makeup she says "It got ruined by paint I ended up going in a all in one raving suite but I didn't care I was having too much fun" she quickly moved along to the question  " do you want to know what I'm wearing this year then... a Where's Wally suit...How cool is that?!?". I agreed with her "So you're definitely going there this year then?" "Yeah man I've already bought my ticket £55 VIP. Pretty good for one of the best nights of my life to do over again. I reckon this year will be bigger and better!" Jodie showed me pictures she was tagged in through Facebook on the Slammin' Vinyl website, "Yes I was in that crowd. It was amazing. Just look at the strobe lights. Buzzing atmosphere!"(PICTURE TWO).

We continued to flick through Facebook and (PICTURE THREE) popped up . She says "That's the front cover of the Westfest Official DVD. It's brilliant that I can see myself raving on my TV !" Westfest has six huge arenas, one for each style of raving music: Hardcore Heaven Arena, United Dance Arena, Bionic Arena, Metropolis Arena, One Nation Arena and Slammin' Vinyl Main Arena. We both continued chatting about the different style of music:  "Everyone splits when you get there because everyone likes different music like we have our D 'N' B heads and the hardcore nutters, but I guess we are all having the same experience. We are together on the way up to Bath on the coach, it's a five six hour journey on the coach long way from little Hailsham and then you turn up to thousands of people. It's overwhelming."

Finally I asked Jodie "Is there any advice you would give people when they go to their first rave?" Shaking her head she answered my question, "I'm taking a few of my friends raving in October. They've never experienced a rave before in their life and  they're pretty nervous because there is thousands of people and you can easily get lost, so if you do go raving I recommend you have one person you stay with because you'll get lost in the mayhem." Then she says very seriously, "and bring your ID, otherwise you don't get in. You'll be sitting in kebab shop all night while everyone is raving their hearts out - not an ideal night out!" she starts laughing.

Whether you've never raved before or are dedicated raver Westfest welcomes anyone into the arenas to go mental. It's an opportunity to meet new people and have a great time with your friends. To keep up to date on the events line up or even buy a ticket to the raving event of the year go on: www.slamminvinyl.com

 

 

Devon Puttick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.