Monday 13 June 2011

Dear Stevie

Dear Stevie

Insane stories met with a sane response.

'I just couldn't find him'

Everything happened so fast, a fight broke out between my mates and a bunch of other guys and it was broke up by the police, then I lost my shoe, I was devastated. I was in that drunken mindset where everything of mine is precious and to lose that shoe was like losing an arm. Then it hit us. We hadn't seen one of our mates in ages. He had been gone for a good hour; we searched the area for about half a mile and just couldn't find him. Then we found his bag and phone smashed on the ground, he'd been kidnapped, or so we all thought.

 I hit rock bottom. I found solace in a bottle of vodka and just drowned my sorrows; however we had to find my lost mate. We found 2 of the guys who we had been in a fight with and within in 5 minutes I had one of them nearly hanging over the harbour wall, they told us they jumped him but he ran off. Overwhelmed by alcohol I preceded to roll my way to my lost mate's house. Every couple of minutes drinking deep from the bottle of vodka and spiralling more out of control. I knew in my heart we had to tell his mum... that he was lost and probably killed by bears (that was the conclusion we had come to). But the police had got to her house before us and to us that meant it was all over, one of us suggested running to Mexico; the other suggested ending our lives. However I was tired of the night and carefully snuck home bringing as much attention to myself as possible. What should I do in the future to avoid such a tragedy?

Firstly I don't believe we have bears in Eastbourne, but it's clear to me that it all went downhill when  you found the bottle of vodka, to solve a kidnapping you'd do well to note that the professionals always do it sober, try that in the future. The moral to this story- 'When confronted by a problem caused by alcohol, don't drink more alcohol'.

 

 

'I thought I was cooler than the other side of the pillow'

Me and my mates were out drinking and were hungry, and when you're drunk and hungry you must feed yourself, it's just not right if you don't. So we went to McDonalds and ordered some stuff that I can't remember. My mate went to the toilet, but there was a problem. The voice inside my head had woken up, we all have one when were drunk, the little rascal putting ideas into your head. You think that no matter what you say or do that you're the coolest cat in the world.

 It was ok though I was staying relatively calm and collected until I noticed my friend who went to the toilet was trapped. All hell had broken loose. The little voice in my head got what he wanted, I was Chuck Norris and I was going save my mates life, after all, I was his only chance of salvation. I grabbed that door and heaved at it, I pulled and pulled and at the last moment I heard a voice shout, 'it's a sliding door'. But it was too late; there lay before me the ruins of this innocent door. More importantly my food was done and the old Bill was on the way. Luckily for us we had a mate outside as a getaway driver so he took us to safety. What should I do in the future to avoid such a tragedy?

I feel you didn't exhaust all options available to you, e.g. why not try catching a chicken to eat or catching fish by filling their tank up with potatoes to get them to the surface (both of which I've tried). The key is to use the environment like Bear Grylls. The moral of this story- 'Do not listen to the voices in your head, they only mean for bad things to happen' and also use the environment.

 

 

 

 

'She wanted more from me, I feel filthy'

There were four of us, we were hungry, and so we went to a chippy. It soon spiralled out of control. She was around 50, but the alcohol made her beautiful. It soon wore off and the reality of the situation set in. She offered to pay for my food, but in turn she wanted a bit of my sausage, my jumbo sausage. I didn't want to give it to her, but I had to, at 2 pound each I don't normally share them but I didn't pay for it. Anyway she left after that and we all decided to mess around in the ship yard, however the security tackled me to the ground and kicked us all out.

 Any way that had ended the night for us, but on the way home the lady from the chippy caught me off guard and led me into her house, luckily my mate pulled me out but she wasn't finished... she only just started. She got out her new BMW and forced us into it, I felt like an animal. She was driving at about 60mph in a 20mph road. I tried to escape, crying and hanging out of her car it was so surreal, when she stopped I ran home and sat in the shower, soaking away my tears. What should I do in the future to avoid such a tragedy?

I wouldn't be too worried, most people dream of that surreal night out, and ending up in the shower crying seems like that perfect Hollywood ending. Defiantly having your mates there to pull you out of the eye of the needle at the right time is the best advice I can give. Other than that you should be proud of yourself, you took all necessary measures to stay reasonably safe and have a good story to tell in the future. Moral of the story- Stop at the peak of abnormality, not to soon, you might miss something.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.